IPP is the Pick List file and BPCS doesn't clear this in case you wish to
reprint a Pick list via the Document Regeneration pgm ORD798D1. Never got
it to work on the times I've tried it. If you don't see a need to reprint
these documents I say you could delete the entries. Perhaps pick a archive
policy for the data of say keep 3 months worth.

EIL the Invoiced Lot file - provides the Lot information on your invoices.
If you need to recreate invoices as originally printed you'll need this
data. If you store copies of invoices offline eg we use optio to transform
Invoice spool files into something more pretty and it has its own archive,
then perhaps you can delete it. Again you'll need to look at an archiving
policy. Many countries want 7years worth of account data and this could be
construed to include ability to reprint invoices back that far.

MBI is one I've not come across.

ZEF - Order Entry Error file. This is used to pass validation error
messages between the Server side bit of COM and the Client side. It also
used in the green screen version to communicate from the validation pgms to
the Display pgms and also by the SMG Order Gateway. By rights this should
be empty if nobody is using order entry. However, it does look as if
warning messages - such as 'Warehouse &1 not in Company &2' and 'Warning!
Zero price on Line &1' aren't cleared out properly. Worth clearing from
time to time. I'd surprised if this file was huge. We've processed over
50,000 orders since Jan 1 and there's not much in it.

ZPD - Print Detail workfile - this file is used to hold the requests for
Order processing, Purchasing and invoice documents. Order Entry for
example loads this file with data if your order class shows that Customer
acknowledgements should be printed. Document Regeneration pgm ORD798D1
actually lists the entries in the ZPD. If you don't see the need to reprint
documents then do some pruning. One of the keys is the Document ID which is
maintained in OLM145D1 Document Master Maintenance and relates to the
program that should be called and parms that should be passed. The ID's
are generally fairly descriptive so you could selectively remove ZPD's for
document types you don't expect to reprint. Only kill the inactive ones
though where record id = 'PZ'

ZQWAP - Queue Work File - Activity and ZQWRP��� Queue Work File - Response�
are again connected with COM and CEA. These files are actually used in the
data transfer between server and client. There is a menu that you must call
from a command line to access the cleanup programs for these files. "CALL
OEAMNU'

Check your ZQL file as well which is the Batch Log file and can be cleared
from an option on the OEAMNU

Ginger Challis
Systems Analyst Red Gold, Inc
1500 Tomato Country Way, Elwood, IN 46036
Tel 765-557-5500 X1616 Cell 812-584-9396
gchallis@xxxxxxxxxxx