Working in an earlier version of BPCS, and with the source code, I have
modified MANY report programs to look the way desired by management and end
users and auditors, adding more info not with vanilla. In most cases, I
created new reports, cloned off vanilla.

We print and fax our Pos. We have put fax# of vendor on PO form positioned
for maximum convenience of person sending fax, to confirm that #. Vanilla 3
way mismatch only shows unpaid deliveries, where we paying other than
expected, receiving other than expected. It does not show where we pay more
than once for same shipment, do good job with returns, pay for non-shipment,
or where cost got updated between Po placement, and invoice reconciliation.
We've added reports to identify that stuff.

There is a delivery ticket # assigned at shipping time. We print that on
all forms communicated with the customer, including the billing invoice. We
have a report for auditors, matching all delivery tickets issued, with all
invoicing, so they can see what got invoiced without a ticket, what delivery
tickets did not get invoiced, to compare to our records of which supposed to
be that way.

We have trial sequenced by customer name instead of cust type combination.
In vanilla, if type gets changed, trial data on same cust is now split to
different places in report. With my mod, it is all by cust name, which is
easier on all users, including auditors not having to look up cust # and
type. The vanilla version can also be run, if anyone wants that.

Shop order launch gets labor ticket including what end customer we are
making it for, what primary raw materials go into this. This expedites
factory thruput by lowering what anyone needs to look up. It is right there
on the ticket. Labor ticket entry screen has been altered so data entry
sequence matches what is written on labor ticket. This reduced keystrokes
needed to less than 1/3 vanilla.

We have a GL Journal Detail clone, which uses GL reference codes to back
trace where the data came from, editing cust and vendor and other ids, then
showing their names, right on the GL report, so auditors don't have to look
up what they are.

-
Al Mac

There are no limits to what you can accomplish, when you are supposed to be
doing something else.