Rob,

The BMR bundle that we received from Infor included BMR's 73619 and 73684.
In reading the BMR documents, I found that it also included BMR 66713.

To be clear, we did apply this entire BMR bundle with the exception of the
Objects for the standard BPCS Menus. That is, before installing the BMR, I
removed from the BMR bundle Library only the CL Program Objects for the
Menus which have SSA* names. The reason was that there was no Source Code
provided and my client has modified many of these Menus. Therefore, if we
installed these Menu BMR Objects, the modified Menus would no longer be
active. My concern was that the BMR Bundle contained changes to BPCS
Security and Licensing functions which might have an impact on Menu
functioning. Infor would not provide the Menu CL Source Code which
heightened this concern. We decided to take a chance and see what happens.
The alternative of having to recreate all BPCS Menus and the new custom
client Menus using the BPCS User-Defined Menu Approach was something that we
wanted to avoid.

I followed all of the BMR application instructions. Since there are
multiple documents from Infor and from IBM that include instructions, I
created a single instruction document that consolidated all of these steps
in the proper sequence. Doing this made the installation straightforward.
After applying the BMR Bundle, the new BPCS licensing, and the new BPCS Key,
I checked the Menus and everything functioned as before.

Regarding Objects that will not run on OS V6R1, I took the following
approach:

1. The ANZOBJCVN Report initially identified non-convertible CL Program
BPCS Objects in BPCSO (the base BPCS Object Library), in BPCDREL02 (the
primary PTF Library for V4.05CD), and in V40SECURER (the BPCS Security
Library). The Library List hierarchy in BPCS for these Libraries is:

. V40SECURER

. BPCDREL02

. BPCSO

NOTE: All of the BPCS Menu CL Programs were convertible to OS V6R1.

2. I compared all of these identified Objects to the BMR Bundle Library and
found that all non-convertible Objects were included in the BMR.

Most non-convertible Objects were in BPCSO with identical Objects in
V40SECURER. There were just a few in BPCSREL02. I also found that a few of
the Objects in BPCSO and V40SECURER that were also contained in the BMR were
already convertible so they were not listed on the Report.

3. Since V40SECURER is at the top of the Library List and it contains the
Security Objects, I decided to apply the BPCS Bundle into this Library so
that all Objects would be in a single location.

4. So, when the ANZOBJCVN Report is now run, all Objects in V40SECURER will
convert to OS V6R1. The Report identifies the same non-convertible Objects
in BPCSO and the few in BPCDREL02. However, I am not concerned about these
Objects because we have corresponding convertible Objects in V40SECURER
which will be accessed correctly based on the Library List hierarchy.

I have one other point of confusion that people should be aware of. In the
BMR instructions, there is reference to new program SYS900B which must be
installed into BPCSO since it is used by the new Security and Licensing
process. This Object is not in the BMR Library as it comes from Infor.
Actually, when the Licensing programs as installed during the installation
steps, a new Library BPCSLIC4CD is created from a *SAVF Savefile. SYS900B
is contained within this new Library. I decided to copy this Object to
V40SECURER rather than to BPCSO so that all Objects from this BMR will be
contained in a single Library.

The information above is more than you asked, but I felt that it was
important to provide a clear and complete explanation for anyone who is
contemplating this upgrade.

Please let me know if you have any question.

If anyone has further questions about the process or what I did, please feel
free to contact me offline.

Thanks.

Les Mittman

847-858-5235

BPCS Consultant with over 20 years of Experience