From: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Les Mittman - SBC
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:42 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: [BPCS-L] BPCS V4.05CD Menus will function under iSeries OS
V6R1with Infor BMR's...

On Friday, I successfully completed the BPCS portion of the OS V6R1
Upgrade in preparation for running the actual OS V6R1 Conversion.

I now have the answer to the question that I raised last week about
whether the BPCS Security and Licensing changes with BMR's 73619 and
73684 will impact the BPCS Menus.

(Recall that my concern was that Infor did not provide Source Code for
the BMR Menu CL Programs. They only provided compiled Objects.)

The existing BPCS Menus will continue to function normally! The BPCS
Security and Licensing changes do NOT impact the existing Menus.

In summary,

1. The issue that I raised was that Infor did not provide Source
Code
for the BPCS Menu CL Programs that are contained in the BMR. Therefore,
I was concerned that something was changing with this BMR that would
impact how the Menus would function.

2. My client has modified several of the standard BPCS Menus and
has
created new Menus using the logic of the Menu CL Programs. Therefore, if
the Menu CL Program Logic changed, we might have a problem.

3. For the installation, I removed the BMR Menu Objects (e.g.
SSAA00,
SSAE00, etc.). That is, we did not apply these Objects from the BMR.

4. After I completed the installation of the BMR's according to
the
instructions, I tried our existing Menus and everything continued to
function as before.

5. Since the BMR also contained a new version of CLCRTCLP which is
part of the BPCS Create CL Program command CRTCLP, I was concerned that
perhaps CL programs would be impacted.

6. I recompiled one of our existing standard BPCS Menus, a
modified
BPCS Menu, and a new custom Menu, as well as a normal CL Program, using
the CRTCLP command. Everything compiled normally and functioned
correctly.

7. Therefore, we do not need to be concerned about not having
Source
Code for the standard BPCS Menus. Our existing Menus (for which we
already have Source Code) can continue to be used.

So, my recommendation is not to install the BPCS Menu Objects from the
BMR.
Continue to use the existing ones that you have.

NOTE: We have not yet run the actual conversion to OS V6R1 because we
are waiting until we can resolve some non-compatible Objects from some
non-BPCS applications, but I would not expect that the actual conversion
will cause us any problems since all of the BPCS Objects will convert.

For those of you who might decide to use the Menus from the BMR, I
noticed that the BMR does not include Menus SSAA02 as well as SSABBM,
SSABEM, and SSABIR. SSAA02 for A/P Maintenance would be the only one
that I would be concerned about since the other Menus are probably not
used by most BPCS Locations.

If anyone has questions about what I did, please feel free to contact me
offline.

Thanks.

Les Mittman

847-858-5235

BPCS Consultant with over 20 years of experience