From: Gerry Duhon <Gerry.Duhon@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] IIM fields

Rob is correct about LX8.3.4 User Defined Field functionality.
UDF functionality provides the authorized user the ability to create extension
iles for the following master files: Company, Warehouse, Item, Item Warehouse,
ot, Customer, Ship To/Address,, Vendor, Salesperson, Item Vendor, Item
acility, Item X-Ref/Vendor X-Ref, Location and Product Life Cycle.
UDF was created to allow users to add new fields without database changes or
odifications to maintenance programs. UDF allows the user to create up to 999
ets of user defined fields. There are 19 standard fields on each sequence.
Each user defined file has the same data fields and additionally, the key fields
f the file being extended. There are standard validations and prompts
vailable. For example, when adding a 3rd or 4th Vendor to a CIC record, the
ser can prompt for Vendors from the Vendor Master. Field Types for Prompt and
alidation are :
System Code Tables
Item Master
Vendor Master
Customer Master
Warehouse Master
Facility Master
Currency Master
Date
Language
Best Regards,
Gerry Duhon, CPIM | Sr. Application Consultant, Supply Chain & Manufacturing,
RPLX & BPCS | Infor Professional Services | Cell:832.335.9872
Gerry.Duhon@xxxxxxxxx
SAVE THE DATE | System i User Conference 2011 | Gaylord Opryland | Nashville, TN
October 2 - 5 |