David

This can vary with BPCS version, how you have setup your BPCS, and what else
you want to do with the query.

In our case, with multi-facility on 405 CD, where each facility is either a
plant (factory) and/or a system of product distribution (e.g. purchase for
resale), we might use the CIC file which has cost summaries and MRP planning
data for each combination of item and facility.

We have problems with "inactive items" where the management and staff has
been unable to reach a consensus regarding disposition of items whose
business has dried up, which have no inventory on-hand, no orders, no recent
activity. To eliminate such items from a report, I use YTD and MTD totals
in IIM file, and sometimes in EOY reports use SQL to search ITH and archived
files from prior years. This can also eliminate items which are "inactive"
because they are brand new, so maybe look at BOM (MBM file) or routings (FRT
file) or elsewhere for a date of last activity.

Note that while ITE file sets rules for dates of last activity, there are
bugs in some BPCS programs which disregard the rules for last activity
tracking. For example, we changed ITE to not update last activity for a
cycle count correction, or physical inventory correction. BPCS physical
inventory software ignores that request.

-
Al Mac