Some very good information from different sources already! Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 7:46 AM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] 405cd to erp/lx migration

Don,

We are doing a 405CD to LX conversion ourselves. A coworker, Kevin, has
ran the process several times for testing over the last several months.
Our production lpar and our test lpar are both on a beefy machine with
lots of disk space:
Production:
System ASP . . . . . . : 6348 G
% system ASP used . . : 55.6776
Test:
System ASP . . . . . . : 1552 G
% system ASP used . . : 58.2276

9117-MMA
System Pool Reserved Max -----DB----- ---Non-DB---
Pool Size (M) Size (M) Active Fault Pages Fault Pages
1 10259.67 1261.77 +++++ .0 .0 11.0 13.8
2 11550.70 84.38 2464 2.4 37.6 207.7 848.2
3 481.27 .07 23 .0 1.1 2.2 9.2
4 4812.79 .03 1204 5.5 53.9 12.7 29.5
5 21023.54 .21 157 16.9 149.4 304.6 641.2

GDIDIVF is our 405CD file library
PRTDSKINF *LIB
% of Size in
Description Disk 1,000,000 bytes
User libraries 34.32 2178478.26
User directories 17.84 1132744.41
Folders and documents .00 1.32
QSYS .13 8233.77
Other IBM libraries .64 40343.15
Licensed Internal Code .49 31355.59
Temporary space 1.54 97888.71
Unused space 44.91 2851104.72
System internal objects .14 8738.69
Objects not in a library .00 34.14
TOTAL 100.01 6348922.76
% of Size in
Library Owner Disk 1000 bytes
#MXJRN MIMIXOWN 13.64 865643884.5
QGPL QSYS 2.06 130979758.1
GDIDIVF SSA 1.46 92507865.1
XXMFGCDF SSA 1.44 91563409.4

I am not sure what all the libraries are, but, by golly, we end up with
a dozen new libraries when he runs the conversion. Granted, most of
them are quite small.

Our implementation date is EOY.

We've put our users through extensive ERP training. After that,
extensive LX training.

If you need more info I could probably get it for you. I have to tread
lightly with that coworker - stress factor is high for him about now.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko
Dept 1600