We have used this in an earlier version of BPCS.

Warning: When we got patches updates releases etc. and new versions of BPCS,
it was not unusual for the SSAZ03 to be totally replaced with a new version
with additional messages added by SSA/Infor.

Thus, we needed a SEPARATE member with JUST our messages, text (we use
different letter prefixes to avoid collision with vanilla naming), and have
a CL to merge them into whatever new replacement comes with later updates,
and know how to handle when our stuff is not addition, but change the BPCS
text.

Failure to plan this properly meant that every time a new release installed,
it wiped out all the stuff we had installed, unless we posted our additions
through
(a) OUR separate place
(b) batch process to refresh combination of original & our additions.

Contemporary versions of BPCS may have dropped this gotcha.

We had SSA01 SSAZ02 SSAZ03 for 3 kinds of message member contents:
Error messages vanilla
Literals (text on screens & reports)
Our additions that are other than the above.

Extra layer of complexity if you have multi-language implemented.

-
Al Mac