Kathy:

First, I would review your trading partner relationships with the new
provider to make sure they can accommodate any InterVAN transfers ...

All of your setup changes will be within TLi ... ECM will not know the
difference UNLESS there are changes in identifiers, document counters,
etc. that make their way into your interface database.

Within TLi, you will need to set up the new VAN ... If the VAN
configuration is one of the standard offerings in TLi, then that will be
pretty easy ... If not, a custom configuration will need to be created ...
That part is not so easy ...

Then you need to test the VAN connection ... The VAN's support staff
should be able to guide you through this ... This may entail setting up a
trading partner relationship with the new VAN and exchanging a test
document or two ... Again, their tech support will probably be familiar
with TLi and able to guide you ...

Next, I would contemplate setting up a testing regimen to confirm
connectivity with your current trading partners over the new VAN ... You
will want to coordinate this with each trading partner EDI liaison ... The
trading partner may want you to go through a complete round of testing
here, so be ready to put some time into it ... We have skipped this stage
in the past, but it takes some experience and finesse to pull it off ...

Finally, you will cut over your trading partner relationships to the new
VAN identifier ... And then watch your data stream like a hawk for a few
days to make sure nothing hiccups ...

We are a little surprised to hear there are VANs who are still able to
connect via bisynch ... Is there a reason why you would not want to
transition to Internet connectivity?

This is, of course, something we can do for you. If you would like to
discuss that option, please call at your convenience.

Regards,

John G Dyer
Vice President
Information Management Consultants, Inc