Thanks, Al.

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Al
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 7:06 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Cc: Tom Maresh
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] 405cd - IIM Inquiry - MTD and YTD fields

I agree. I have tested this using items that are active in more than
one facility. When the facility field is blank, the data is obtained
from IIM item master. When it is populated, the data is obtained from
files that spell out facility. We also have to be careful with
combination places ...
enter a warehouse that is valid for the facility, for example.

We can use RUNQRY *N name of file F4 ... there's an option to select
records ... we have put CL for this on a BPCS menu, so we can rapidly
view selected contents of any file interactively, without bothering the
users with parameter choices. It then becomes practical to compare raw
data with what various programs are saying, without getting into the
source code, which for INV300 is pretty humongous.

However, sometimes data in different BPCS files can get out of
synchronization, with each other.

We do certain reorganizations on a regular basis, for force detail info
summarized into summary files. This has been controversial on this
list. I believe the out of sync is due to some BPCS programs not doing
a good job with some fields driven negative, some bugs in BPCS, and user
update programs crashing then they restart the job, instead of doing any
recovery.
Also some reorg is buggy. If the detail files happen to be zero
contents, some programs do nothing, leaving a non-zero value in some
summary files.

Have you ever used F1-help key for information about the various fields
on screen, to see what it says from a cursor location sensitive
perspective?

Do you have access to BPCSDOC on your system, and is it any help?
We have inserted text into our BPCSDOC to expand what came with BPCS.

-
Al Mac
Semi-retired
.