FWiW _every system_ [since\after v1r1m0] will "have SQL", even if not the 57xxST1 product and thus no STRSQL. The STRSQL is not "the SQL", rather just one tiny portion. The STRSQL is effectively just an interactive, ad-hoc interface, to assist with forming & testing statements, with the Query/400 report writer as its report writer. There are many other interfaces to access rows of data via the SQL, with different levels of report writing capabilities. So...

If given an SQL SELECT statement for example, the simplest access to a [the most sophisticated] 5250-based report writers is available via the CRTQMQRY CL command. Issuing that command to reference the SELECT statement having been previously written into a source physical file member [lines not spanning 79 bytes] would create a *QMQRY object. That QM query object could then be specified\named in the STRQMQRY CL command to produce a report.

Regards, Chuck

John Quirk wrote:
We do not have SQL...standard BPCS