From: bpcs-l-bounces+tom.molyneux=nov.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx <bpcs-l-bounces+tom.molyneux=nov.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'BPCS ERP System' <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed Jan 06 11:16:00 2010
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] QUESTION INV910 (YEAR END CLOSE)

No I do not know if BPCS will bomb if that happens. I do know that you will
have bogus data for the new fiscal year, if people post stuff for the new
year before you complete processing for the old year. This is because
year-end-close programs zero out what is in YTD, of various files, among
other things.

Version of BPCS may be a factor.

We just had end-fiscal EOM Physical-Inventory EOY change annual standard
costs.
EOY for us with INV910 is also GLD900 ACP920 ACP910 PUR910 JIT900.
All our EOY tasks in aggregate take less than one hour to run, not counting
backup, unless it final GL close included.
We do not give permission to users back on system, until end-fiscal
completed, but because all rules are at risk of getting broken, we have to
monitor, so we can tell auditors what got screwed up this year.
In past years, people on system before end fiscal completed, have meant that
after we ran all end fiscal reports, the totals of that data changed by
violators, and their input invisible from next fiscal period.
Screw-ups in our case this year are other topics, like null costs on items
in physical, and corrupted data like non-numeric in numeric fields.

-
Al Mac
Happy my weight is only 325 pounds.