Larenzo:

What BPCS version are you on?

If I understand your problem correctly, you are saying that for certain
parts, if you use the current date as the MRP Start Date, then no Planned
Orders will be created. But, if you use an MRP Start Date of 11/08/08,
Planned Orders will be created. I am assuming that for other parts, you are
having no MRP planning problems.

I have a few questions and some suggestions of things to look at:

1. When Planned Orders are being created when the Start Date is
11/08/2008, what are the Due/Need Dates for Requirements and for the Planned
Orders for the Item? Are they 2008 dates or 2009 dates? Use MRP
Planning/Inquiry (MRP300) to see this information. A Print Screen of MRP300
would be very helpful as an example of what you are seeing.

2. Are these parts Parent End Items? If so, what are the Start/End
dates in MRP Forecast Maintenance (MRP100) for the Forecast Quantities (in
the KMR File)? Are they current/future dates or are they dates back in
2008? When you look at MRP300, what are the Need Dates for the
Requirements? Since your Demand Code = 3 (Forecast Only), then only valid
Forecast (KMR) records will drive the demand.

3. Are these parts Component Items? That is, are they Items used on a
BOM? If so, check the BOM Effectivity Dates of these Components on their
Parent's BOM. See if the Discontinue Date is around 11/08/08. That is, if
the Discontinue Date of the Component is prior to the Release Date of the
Parent's Planned Order, then a requirement for the Component will not be
detected (i.e. the Component is not effective on the BOM).

4. When Planned Orders are created, use MRP Planning/Inquiry (MRP300) to
peg the requirements up the BOM in order to see what Items are being planned
that are driving the requirements. By looking at the various
Need/Due/Release Dates and by looking at the BOM's that use the Components,
you should be able to locate where the date problem is.

Please let me know if you have any questions. You can also contact me
offline. I would be happy to assist you in tracking down the cause of this
problem.

Thanks.

Les Mittman

847-858-5235