Bill:

Recalculation of an Item's Minimum Balance will occur whenever you have
defined the Dynamic Minimum Balance fields. These are Min Bal Horizon and
Min Balance Horizon Days. You will see these fields in CIC as well as in
the Item Master, though the CIC will take precedence.

In DRP500, V405CD:

Min Bal Hrz Days/Periods 90 Min Bal Days/Periods 21

Minimum Balance 100.000 Requirements Code D,I,

C* Dynamic Minimum Balance Logic

C*

C IMBHD IFNE *ZEROS

C IMBDY ANDNE*ZEROS

C EXSR $DBAL

The logic basically is as follows:

. If there are values in Min Bal Hrz fields, then perform the
calculation.

. Go out the Min Balance Horizon Days and sum up the Item's
requirements (i.e. actual and planned).

. Divide that amount by the Min Balance Horizon (number of) Days in
order to arrive at an average per day requirement.

. Then, multiply the average per day requirement by the Min Bal Days
in order to determine the Quantity Required.

. Place that calculated Quantity Required into the Minimum Balance
field.

In other words, the Dynamic Minimum Balance function is to set the Item's
Minimum Balance as a Safety Stock to cover X number of days of anticipate
required supply based on the projected requirements. In my example above,
the logic is to determine the requirements projected over the next 90 days
and to set the Item's Minimum Balance to cover 21 days of that projection.

This logic will be executed in DRP500, MRP500, and MRP600. That is, all of
the planning generation programs will perform the Dynamic Minimum Balance
calculation if the values are defined for the Item.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

You can contact me offline if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Les Mittman

847-858-5235

P.S. I have been working with BPCS for over 20 years as a consultant and
continue to support V4.05 CD. I would be happy to help you in any way.