From: Les Mittman - SBC <lmittman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2009 1:50:23 PM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] PPV Calculation Against Total Cost Instead of OP

Bill:

I am assuming that the Routers for both A1 and A2 are correctly defined as
Outside Operations and the Expected Standard Cost for the Item is entered on
the Routing.

I would check the P.O. Detail Line for Item A1.  For Outside Operation
P.O.'s, you must enter on the P.O. Line the S.O. Number and Operation Number
to which it applies.  Then, when the A/P Invoice in entered and matched to
the P.O. Line, the just the Outside Operation Cost from the Routing
Operation will be used for the PPV calculation.

However, if Item A1's P.O. does not have the S.O. and Operation Number
entered, then BPCS is assuming that you are purchasing Item A1.  That is,
you are buying the complete Item A1, not just the Outside Operation.
Therefore, when the A/P Invoice is entered and matched to the P.O., the PPV
will be calculated against the Total Standard Cost for Item A1.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to contact me
offline.

Thanks.

Les Mittman
847-858-5235

P.S. I am a consultant with over 20 years for experience with BPCS.  Pleas
feel free to contact me for support issues.