Technically you'll be running V5R4M5 not V5R4M0. I'd have your
technicians upgrade you to that now before the hardware comes in to
minimize time to do the hardware upgrade. The M5 is needed to support
Power 6. The base OS or 5722SS1 will still say V5R4M0 but if you look at
the "licensed internal code" or 5722999 that will say V5R4M5.

See informational document II14189 from IBM regarding V5R4 and BPCS.
http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/c79815e083182fec862564c00079d117/f1914289734d926e8625719c003c6f97?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,bpcs,r540

Basically some recommended ptf's and some query settings in a parameter
file.

I am sure that somewhere in the bowels of Infor's website they have a
similar document.

By the way, there's a matching informational document for 6.1, II14421
http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/c79815e083182fec862564c00079d117/2ed784e875e77a4586257490003c6d39?OpenDocument

Always helps to have something "official", then backed up with real world
experiences, like the other replies to your question.

Actually, our upgrade to 5.4 was so long ago we forgot most of the bumps.
We're an all 6.1 shop now. Let me tell you - that was a MOTHER of an
upgrade to BPCS! Do 6.1 carefully or have your resume' updated.

Rob Berendt