This depends on which version of BPCS you are on.
The General Ledger logic is among several areas dramatically re-written between BPCS versions.
I am on 405 CD. In my reality, there are a bunch of master files that control what data from the rest of BPCS flows into what accounts of the General Ledger.

For example, the IIC file is Item Class master, which dictates where stuff goes based on type of transaction and category of product.

Another example, the ITE file contains the rules for inventory transactions ... one 1/2 of the transaction updates value of inventory, depending on the TYPE (raw material etc.) with ITE giving the contra account. If this is to flow into a Journal other than IN, then GLD119 has to spell out how that Journal is to be handled. Most of our Journals go into GL either full detail, or maximum summary. Last month I changed one to intermediate summary, so as to get separate entries in GL for each reason code.

We manage IIC and ITE using INV application.

There's ACR120 to identify some key accounting accounts for cash flow.
There's other programs like that, to fill in other gaps.

In general when making changes to General Ledger, I work backwards.
First I tweak the accounts that the data is to flow into, to make sure they are ready to receive and properly process whatever kind of data, then I alter the source of the data that will flow in there.

Another example, effective December fiscal, we will be accepting Transfer transactions into the General Ledger, so accounting can identify what items have transferred across facilities with different costs, the difference accumulating in a particular material variance account of GL. First, I created a "TR" Journal, then changed the "T" rules, then accepted a few transfers in fiscal November to verify results as expected (BPCS has a few bugs where business rules are ignored), and plan to tweak our GL dump program to help the auditors understand this new data.

I have also modified some GL reports to look up data related to where it came from, to reduce the hoops our auditors have to jump through.

The various pieces of GL include many specialized GL codes that say what is an expense, asset, liability, income, etc. I would never mess with that stuff, just add new accounts to handle new kinds of nuanced activity, and manage what goes into those various accounts.

There's ways to run Income Statements and reports on company assets that restrict the data content to particular fiscal month ranges, and particular kinds of product mixtures, to see how we doing on those mixtures, in various time periods.

General Ledger is one of the most complex applications of BPCS, involving linkages from all the other application modules.

You really need to study the printed documentation that is correct for your version of BPCS, or call the tech support place that your company uses.

Hey there,

I'm trying to change the accounts that rollup into lines on the Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Can someone tell me where I need to go to accomplish that please?

Thanks

AJ