Hi guys,

Is anyone running BPCS client (specifically V6.1.01) on Vista?? and
iSeries Client Access on Vista?

thanks,

Clare

Kobie Jooste wrote:

Thnx. Guys - It's EAM!

Kobie Jooste - Manager: ERP Systems
kobie.jooste@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +2711 758 5387 | Mobile: +2779 884 0161 | Fax: +2711 388 5927

http://disclaimer.clover.co.za

From:
"Kevin Harper" <kharper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
2008/09/15 02:54 PM
Re: [BPCS-L] Vendor Creation: "Vendor Cannot be added - already exists in
MMS"

Kobie,

It sounds like you are running Infor EAM (aka MMS or ELKE, depending on
the
version), Enterprise Asset Management. If you're not sure, check with
someone in your Maintenance or MRO department.

This module has its own vendor and purchasing files, but there is also an
interface called AMI that synchronizes data between the two systems. When
AMI is active over purchasing files, you can't add a vendor to BPCS if the
same vendor# is already in EAM. The assumption is that if it's in EAM, it
was already added to BPCS.

I recommend:
1. Find out if the vendor# in EAM is the same vendor you're trying to add
in
ACP100. Possibly it was already added but was then manually deleted from
BPCS.

2. If it is the same vendor that you're trying to add, then instead of
ACP100, go into PUR100 to add the vendor. Once it is added, you can go
into
ACP100 to do any necessary maintenance on it.

3. If it is a different vendor, then you may have a few other problems to
figure out (such as why users are adding vendors in EAM when AMI is
active). But just specify a vendor# when you create your new vendor in
ACP100 and it should work.

Kevin Harper
Waterfall Data Solutions, Inc.
(717) 982-2765

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Kobie Jooste