Muhammed,

We too have been using BPCS since 1999 and are currently working on a
project to upgrade from V6.04 to Lx 8.3.2 running on an iSeries at V5R4.

There are major file layout changes from 6.04 to Lx so I suspect there
may be even more going from V4.5. Eg. Item Number goes from 15 to 35
characters, names and addresses in many cases go up from 30 to 50, Order
Numbers go from 6.0 to 8.0, some seqeence number fields increase in
size...... This will mean all your add-on programs will need checking
and probably re-compiling - if you are like us, few programs don't use
Item Number and/or Customer Number.

Also the Client Server COM and CEA applications disappear - CEA replaced
by green-screen and Journal Upload and COM by a combination of Webtop
and Order Management Suite.

We hired a software house with experience of upgrading to help us and it
was a good decision - they have lots of tips and helped us find things
we didn't even know we needed to know without wasting lots of time
hunting around.

That's our experence to date, still working on the project. Maybe
someone from Infor would have soemthing more to add.

Tom Molyneux

National Oilwell Varco
Mono Pumps Limited
MIS Department