Hello,

There are many required PTFs for V5R4 listed on the Info APAR for BPCS.
http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.NSF/51d11a683a56a5cc862564c000763b
23/f1914289734d926e8625719c003c6f97?OpenDocument

It could have more to do with the difference of what happened to the
programs (some were being corrupted in the SQL part of the program by
V5R4 upgrades if the proper PTFs were not applied before loading BPCS)
or which SQL statement gets run by different sites using the 2 separate
releases of BPCS.

SQL is strongly affected by V5R4 and without the required PTFs, many
programs were known to have data integrity issues due to SQL failures in
the operating system - check all your joblogs for errors, especially in
batch jobs as some jobs may run but not update all the files. I would
also open an incident with IBM if you apply the recommended PTFs and
still see SQL errors in the joblogs.

It should be standard practice for anyone upgrading the operating system
to apply all PTFs listed on the Info APAR for BPCS for your release of
the operating system before loading BPCS, or to call the support line
for help BEFORE you upgrade if you are unsure how to find the Info APAR.
This is a mantra repeated many times in the BPCS-L archives.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak | Senior Architect, ERP LX Architecture | Infor |
genyphyr.novak@xxxxxxxxx
Register Now! | Inforum 2007 | The Sands Expo | Las Vegas, September
9-12 | www.inforum2007.com

date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:06:30 -0700
from: "Mike Allred" <mallred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [BPCS-L] Order Entry Issues after Upgrading from V5R2 t oV5R4

Hello

I just upgraded a IBM 825 from OS 400 V5R2 to V5R4.

I have two Version of BPCS 61.01 and 61.02 in Mixed Mode.

My 61.01 Order Entry Program will not write new records to the ECL file.

The 61.02 Order Entry program will write records.

Any Ideas.

Call SSA Support - Could not get any assistance because of the holiday.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike

Mike Allred

Director of IT