From: bpcs-l-bounces+deedee.virgei=nelsonstud.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+deedee.virgei=nelsonstud.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Norman.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:48 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BPCS-L] WHM

Is anyone using the Warehouse Management module in V6.00.04? If so, can
you give me some insight on its actual capabilities?

We have not used shop floor control in the way that it SHOULD be used.
We have used BPCS so far to inform BPCS of the production that has
occurred instead of allowing BPCS to drive the process. I am currently
looking at building applications to allow users to receive small parts
against purchase orders, put away items into the warehouse, move items
in the warehouse, and pick items for delivery to the production floor,
all to fit on screen dimensions for a scanner. I would much rather
modify existing applications, if they work right, instead of building my
own.

I have been told by, then SSA employees, that the WHM module isn't all
that and they would not recommend using it.

Thank you

Norman K. Boyd
Showa Aluminum Corp. of America