Indeed!

Clare

----- Original Message ----- From: <Phil.Catlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Is there a way to prevent iSeries Access exitbefore 5250 sessionlogoff?

As Robbie the robot might say:
Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!
At least on our level of version 6... Commitment control will break BPCS.
There are so many sub-program calls that start new threads that you will
very quickly end up with programs trying to update un-committed records,
and they either hang the program, and the calling program stack, or fail
(and then don't alert the calling stack...)

My best advice is "don't go there!"

"Clare Holtham" <Clare.Holtham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+phil.catlin=formica.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/10/2007 03:36 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SSA's
BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Is there a way to prevent iSeries Access exit before 5250
sessionlogoff?

Ha ha ha, I like it! Change BPCS to use commit control.......!!! Rewrite
it
from the bottom up......a simple solution???! If only....

cheers,

Clare

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark S. Waterbury" <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxx>