Ruben is correct. The same way you set up the customer that will buy from you, you set up the parent or corporate customer. There is a place in the customer definition (ACR100 in earlier BPCS versions) where you assign the linkage.

So for example we might have
Cust 1000 is corporate HQ in NYC
Cust 1001 is their factory complex in Indiana which can have various actual ship to addresses, like which loading dock or which building
Cust 1002 is their factory in Texas
etc.
Cust 1001 and 1002 have 1000 as the corporate HQ
Sales history, customer orders, shipments, all show 1001 1002 etc. as who we doing business with, but when it comes to billing time, the invoices go to 1000 address, the receivables, accounting, all tied to 1000

In our BPCS version (405 CD) we can do pricing by combination of customer # and item, so when we have the same customer in different facilities rules, we can't have different pricing rules unless we give them a different customer #.

Ruben wrote:

Figuratively speaking is like a family.

Certain things are controlled by the Corporate parent
and certain things are controlled by the Sales parent.

Pricing, for example, is controlled by the Corporate
parent.  So you can for example set all the customers
that share a Special Pricing code with the same
Corporate Parent and then use that Parent Customer
number as the Pricing Customer for all the members of
the family.  You would then need to set the Special
Pricing chart only for the Corporate parent and it
will apply to all the Customers "in the family".

Other functions are controlled by the Sales Parent.
Item - Customer Cross Reference, for example, or the
Commissions' table.

Regards,

Ruben A. Mirensky.

--- Cor Luking  wrote:

> We are currenlty running ERP Lx V.8.3. Within the
> Customer master file,
> additional fields have been created,  'CMHCOR - Head
> corporate parent
> number' and 'CMHSAL - Head sales organization
> parent'.
>
> Can anybody tell me what these fields can be used
> for, I have not found
> a screen where these fields can be updated, nor is
> there help text
> defined for these fields.
>
> Best regards,
> Cor Luking