Al,

Do yourself and your company a big favor and move to laser printed checks
on blank stock. I implemented this for my previous employer that was also
on version 4.05 CD and we had exactly the same issues. I used Relyco and
their Troy Checkwritting (formally Chequescrib) software that was loaded
on a networked PC (a USB key for the PC provided by Relyco provided
security at the PC along with special passwords). We would do a file
transfer to a secure network drive/folder from BPCS of the check print
file, the folder would be encripted within 3-5 seconds upon being received
at the network drive. The software on the PC would download the check file
from the network drive and an attached printer, using micr toner, would
create the finished checks, with water marks, signatures, and numbers. You
will find Relyco very helpful and technically competent.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Al Mac <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/23/2006 02:14 PM
Please respond to
SSA's BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"BPCS_L discussion" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] ACP Check Printing Problem

   As I understand the process, before printing on checks whose check #s
are
   pre-printed on the check stock, our accounting lady tells BPCS what
check
   # range will be used to pay what vendors, then if everything works
   perfectly, the data on the printed checks agrees with the data in BPCS.

   But sometimes she has a printing problem, leading to the check #s that
got
   printed on, being say a few digits after what BPCS thinks they are.
   Apparently how she has been dealing with this is to scribble on the
BPCS
   print-outs what check #s end up as, with the data in BPCS never being
   corrected.

   This way of handling things was apparently acceptable until a change in
   management, and the need to send copies of some of our BPCS data to
   another system that would appreciate getting correct data.

   How do other companies deal with this scenario?
   Do you void the whole run & start over?  Does BPCS support start over,
   without a big hassle?
   Is there some program option we have overlooked where we can tell BPCS
   all the checks from 45321 onwards dated today need to be incremented by
2.

   If I have to go in there with DFU and muck with the check #s, is there
   list of files affected?

   We are on 405 CD.

   -
   Al Macintyre