Dear Davide,

I fully understand your need to defend SSA - I worked in Frimley (UK) for 4 years - but how about a little honesty here...

You only need to access the OGS site and look at the date difference between a BMR being available for AS400 and Unix in order to realize where the resources are allocated!!!

To make it clear to everybody (working from my memory):

SSA generated a version of BPCS that ran on Windows (NT) with an Informix database. Actually is was exactly the same as the Unix version for Informix - so no magic there...

SSA used to implement all BMRs from Vxx automatically into all supported versions and on all supported platforms. Now this is only done if someone on Vyy/platformxx escalates the issue.

As SSA has - from ERP LX (BPCS V8.3) - given up using ASSET they have effectively scrapped the dream of being "multi-platform" and we are all expected to use AS400/ISeries/P5.

So - as SSA are implementing all new BMRs by manually changing the RPG code generated by ASSET - you can easily estimate the expected time for a BMR to be fixed on your V6.1.00...

Kind regards
Bent Nielsen

message: 4
date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:08:06 +0200
from: "Davide Roveda" <Davide.Roveda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Windows Version of BPCS

Al,

You are right that Iseries is core for BPCS, but before say:

Also it is for VERY SMALL firms
* 99% of the companies using BPCS do so on AS/400/iSeries
--> You should have access to SSA numbers, for APJ especially.

it does not get much support compared to AS/400 iSeries
--> Any BMR completed on OGS, where present NT / UX version, also UX / NT BMR are available

This is not for dispute, only to clarify.

Thanks