From: bpcs-l-bounces+davide.roveda=ssaglobal.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+davide.roveda=ssaglobal.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Al Mac
Sent: martedì 4 luglio 2006 17.40
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Windows Version of BPCS

Aside from the versions of BPCS that split functionality between AS/400
server and Windows client (NOT mixed mode)

It is my understanding that
* BPCS has a version that runs on Windows, but it does not get much support
compared to AS/400 iSeries, so it might not work on all versions of
Windows.  Also it is for VERY SMALL firms, in terms of # of users practical
* BPCS has a version that runs on some versions of UNIX, that gets more
support than the Windows version but not as much as the AS/400 iSeries
version, so they may have more problems.  There are also some difficulties
intercommunicating on this list, since the interfaces are so different
* 99% of the companies using BPCS do so on AS/400/iSeries, and that's where
the support and enhancements mainly is

If you are seriously interested in having an ERP in the Windows OS, you are
better off going with a competitor of SSA whose primary product focus is to
support their Windows based ERP.

Hi All,

Do we have a windows version of BPCS that runs on an Intel box?

Regards,

Isaac Antwi