From: bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kim Hall
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:17 PM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BPCS-L] Field Limitations (Stocking UOM)

Hi,

We currently have an item set-up with a stocking unit of measure in
eaches. Due to the large volume of this item, we are running into a
problem. Our inventory balance is exceeding 99,999,999 (BPCS character
limit) and we are having to manually balance our inventory at month-end
in our sub-ledger INV903. We are thinking of creating a new item number
with a unit of measure in thousands. This may solve our problem for now,
but depending on our growth we may one day again reach the BPCS limit.

Has anyone run across a similar problem? What solutions have you come up
with?

Thanks,

Kim