Bill,

Those are good ideas for Al, and depending on how involved his
requirements are, they could work.

We had to build a custom energy surcharge program that used a "special
charge" code, based on item class (not all of our products have this
surcharge) and based on customer (some customers received either a
"modified" percentage increase, or none at all) and specific to a period
of time (since the surcharge was dependent on the price of oil AND natural
gas, we adjust the surcharge based on ship date during a specific period).
Believe it or not, it has worked very well. We feel this was the best
scenario for the company and our customers.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Bill" <brobins3d@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/09/2006 02:16 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Item field for volatile content cost

Al Mac wrote:
>    We manufacture Copper Wire Harnesses.  The price of copper has
>    become like the price of gasoline, on steroids.
>    Almost 4.00 now
>    was 2.25 beginning of March
>    0.80 in recent memory
>    all indications are ... rapid rise ahead, due to what's happening
>    in Asian nations
>
>    We need to pass on to our customers our increased cost of this
>    commodity, without having to do continuous re-quoting, and we have
>    a solution in the works, that depends on some software development

I wonder if you could use the Tax system for this.  Within dates, you
specify the surcharge active.

Another idea would be to use the Promos and Deals product in the reverse
of
it's intended use.

Bill