Rony,

As a rule whenever an item goes negative for any reason it is
automatically selected for cycle count the next time that you generate
the cycle count sheets.

I have found that a good rule of thumb for cycle count frequency is to
use ABC analysis for the timing.

For example if 80% of the inventory value are classified as A, B and/or
C item then they should be counted more frequently as that is where the
inventory and usage value resides in your inventory system.

Once you have calculated each category of an item then it is up to you
and your users as to the frequency for counting the items.

Hope that this helps!

Dan Sweeney

Senior Technical Consultant

PHOENIX Business Consulting, Inc.

Tel: 724.836.4446 x7, Cell:  860.490.6712,

E-Fax: 832-550-5144

www.phoenixbcinc.com

SSA GLOBAL Recognized Services Provider