DeeDee,

In version 8.x using Lean Manufacturing, you can release a "Lean
Manufactured" item to be produced in the Production Cell that the item is
assigned to. In the bill-of-materials you can specify if the
sub-assemblies related to the final assembly are either stocked or
non-stocked. When you release the parent order to the Final Assembly
Schedule, you can also create all the non-stocked sub-assembly orders with
it. Lean Manufacturing provides WIP transfers for the sub-assembly orders
to be consumed in Final Assembly. They never go into a formal stockroom.

In older versions of BPCS the only way I know to accomplish this is to use
SFC350 to validate available sub-assemblies (if MRP is not your planning
direction) and then use SFC530 Multi-Level Shop Order Release.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"DeeDee Virgei" <DeeDee.Virgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/14/2006 08:34 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Exploding Material and Labor Requirements on Shop Orders...

Hi All,

Is there a way to create a shop order that will also produce material
and labor requirements for sub-assemblies that are out of stock or hard
allocated?

We are on 4.05 CD, but are also very interested in hearing from members
on versions of 6, 8, and/or LX.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DeeDee Virgei
Project Leader

Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.