    hello
  I have seen your answer sfor my question , but there are some counters that I
still think that must have a manually maintenance. Eg:
  container number (YCI) : BPCS auto-numerate the container numbers. When this
number will reach the maximum 9.999.999.999, what will happen ?
  We generate thousands of containers daily, and in a couple of years we will
reach this number.
  pick list number in ipp (PPLSTN) 6,0. What will happen when 999.999 reaches
?? I believe there must be a manual maintenance to delete old IPPs (done in
ORd900) and maybe after reset this pick list number (must be in ZPA) to 1.
  labor tickets, FLT, TREC 7,0. The same. (1650000 in 6 months for 1 facility)
  and so on ...
  ..

  We are thinking in working in the same environment for all facilities (25-30)
around the world, and we must take all this in consideration.
  What do you think ?

message: 3
date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:02:31 -0500
from: "Dan Sweeney"
subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Files and counters maintenance

The only counters that need to be maintained on a yearly basis are the
document sequencing counters for A/R and A/P.

The rest of the counters should not be maintained or changed, unless you
know which counters are linked and why.

Dan Sweeney

Senior Technical Consultant

PHOENIX Business Consulting, Inc.

Tel: 724.836.4446 x7, Cell: 860.490.6712,

E-Fax: 832-550-5144

www.phoenixbcinc.com

SSA GLOBAL Recognized Services Provider