From: bpcs-l-bounces+dick.bailey=mcfa.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dick.bailey=mcfa.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bob Kohlndorfer
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 2:21 PM
To: BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BPCS-L] Kits into Stock

We have a client using BPCS v4.0 that just started using Kits for some
of their items.
What they are considering is putting some Kits into stock, but cannot
figure out how to get them there. BPCS will use any Kit inventory before
using components to make Kits at Ship Confirmation time but how do we
get Kits into stock besides a return?

It does not appear we can create a normal Bill of Material if a Planning
Bill exists, and you cannot create a manual '=' transaction without a
Shop Order Number and you cannot create a Shop Order for Order type 3 or
4.

Thanks for any help,
Bob Kohlndorfer