Thanks ... got this solved by using GLD119 to add a new code
AQ = A/P corrections
then DFU change all the problem guys in GJW to AQ same # at the end

still not know how it happened
latest speculation ... we need to replace a phone line provider because stuff goes down entirely too often without adequate explanation lots of people in middle of BPCS updates who did not realize that SOMETHING needs to be done if a BPCS update "goes down"

Yes - this has happen to us.    We change the GJH & GJD or GJW to the next
AP###.  GO to GLD119 and add 1 to Next Number.

The control is when do you run GLD540.   INV920 is not the problem.    We
do the update on second shift when AP and AR are not entering.   GLD is
all updated the next day.

 The need for a update during the day is driven by Accounting.  If  you
can't verify that the are not processing a AP or AR batch,  you can
specify a journal entry range to post in GLD540.

Roger Henady
Thorco Industries

Al Mac <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+roger.henady=thorco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/28/2005 04:21 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"BPCS_L discussion" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] GL Journal Duplicate AP#### from ACP500

A 405 CDF problem:

When we run INV920 to GJW then GLD540 to GJH GJD
this process does not recognize possibility that someone might be in the
middle of creating input to a GL batch such as AP#### from ACP500.

So what happens is the work they have done so-far is treated by GL as a
complete batch, then when next we do INV920 followed by GLD540 and it is
carrying the rest of their input to the same batch, GL error says this is
duplicate batch, already exists, cannot input it.

We are aware of this risk, and have taken steps for people doing different

aspects of BPCS to inter-communicate where they are with work that might
conflict, but with turn-over, and people doing some tasks they never did
before, some of this is not getting communicated, and the rate of problem
on the increase again.  Basically, many people are experts on the
applications they work with, but no one is an expert or Jedi Master on the

entire spectrum of BPCS applications.

Do other companies have similar problems, and solutions?

What I would like, if doable,

some kind of report / inquiry to be run by person about to do INV920 /
GLD540 to say "no conflict" or list "conflicts"

I not know for sure if our current mess is thanks to an incomplete ACP500
batch when we post AP & other stuff to GL.  I was the person who did the
INV920 then GLD540 and when I did so, no one else was signed onto BPCS
other than some inquiries.  In other words, the ACP500 people TOLD me they

were done, and I VERIFIED they no longer on the system , and the end of
their day, before I ran this stuff.  I used WRKSBSJOB QINTER to make sure
no discontinued jobs in the mix.

ACP500 is one of those applications where I not know as much as I would
like to.  When someone entering ACP500 from menu, does each run of the
program create a separate AP#### batch, or does ACP500 person have the
option to "suspend" batch they working on, then add to it a later day?
If so, what file/member structure should I be looking at to see if there
are unfinished AP batches?

-
Al Macintyre  http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor ... see