In version 405 CD
file FMA contains what quantities still need to be issued, and what are yet to be issued but this is not updated by SFC600 pretending to be JIT600, rather there is a later program in the CLP jobstream that does this.

This is incredibly complicated.
I suggest you use GO CMDREF to run the IBM cross-reference to map out the JIT600 and SFC600 CLP directory of which programs call which other programs for the two job streams, and which files get updated by which programs, and be real careful here where members are used other than the primary *FIRST one.

I modified this several years ago because

1. We were getting crashes where users took inappropriate options making the crashes worse, so we wanted to intercept error messages and take least harm options. Note that if the update run crashes, and gets restarted, it knows the labor has been posted, but not know inventory, so you can get the inventory double posted, or worse.

2. By redesigning the JIT600 screens based on our traffic, we reduced the amount of keystrokes needed to 1/3 of before, and actually improved thruput, because with extra commands added to the collection, we had like the old DFU *DUP function propagated to the BPCS program.

3. There are some ways in which BPCS functions that are not a good match to our reality, so we have other reasons for modifications.

4. The reports that come with the job stream are designed to tell an expert in BPCS architecture what all is going on, but the reports we wanted were to be edit list of what all got entered to make it easy to verify ticket keying, and identify any obvious keying errors. So we added some reports to the jobstream.

5. We had some klutzes who keyed stuff to wrong fields, like quantity into the hours field, so we needed to add to the validity checking to catch some kinds of errors that BPCS was not catching.

6. We also have the labor ticket input data being sent to another collection of files to help us track stuff like scrap by factory machine, and where factory tooling needs preventative maintenance.

Your e-mail url SOUNDS like a consulting firm.
Be aware that there are a ton of BPCS manuals out there from 3rd party sources and that any company that wants to successfully compete in the BPCS consulting business had better have an extensive library of them, and perhaps also send some of its people to one of the BPCS Universities.

I am modifying version 4.2 BPCS.
The change is in SFC600S5.
Issue Quantities are in what file ?