We also have within the SSA Security Group a special user that has the *ALLOBJ and other high security access, that we use for loading upgrades, and doing 400 security work that needs to have the resulting objects end up being owned by SSA ... this high-security user deliberately is not setup to be using BPCS menus and programs, because I not want someone to be using it by accident outsicde of the reasons for its existence.

I had this early on because a shipment from SSA could not be installed because it "belonged" to a profile not on our system, so I created that profile, and used it for installing tapes from SSA.

I too have experienced multiple times with employees of consultants who need to do something, and see that compromising security is the ideal approach. After every visit of consultants, I have found that it is a good idea to check ZSC and if QSECOFR has shown up there again, to DFU delete it, because if we ever have a BPCS security crash again, I know that you cannot sign on as any user that is in there.

There are several outfits that provide general 400 security education, and some of them have BPCS specific advice, about what needs to be fixed, and the hassles and implications.

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/