We are 405 CD.

You need to ask the tech support company that is helping with the migration.
We have net change documents that list all the stuff that is new on each version relative to prior versions, but what we have is proprietory, supplied by the company that helped us with the migration, not to be shared, and of course not go out as far as you need. The changes are massive ...just the list of features will run to several pages for each application area. For IT one of the big differences is going from mixed mode to requiring stuff on the PC over and above Client Access, and not being able to run a bunch of stuff inquiry any more on cheap twinax.

This might not be relevant to your company, but we find it useful to have el cheapo $ 200.00) dumb terminals all over the place so that factory supervisors, team leaders, material movers, and so forth can have rapid access to general BPCS inquiry ... PCs are often fragile by comparison, and still more expensive, when placed in a factory environment ... we have tin roof, so whatever the temperature outside, it is more extreme inside the factory.

When we got a new version of BPCS, it came with a variety of tapes and diskettes and very little printed documentation. We found it useful to print out the documents off of the diskettes and distribute widely within the company, those documents that were not strictly IT migration topics, so people could see what they were getting, and some of the new terminology.

Perhaps it would be useful for you to access the IBM Redbook on Installing BPCS.
This would help your new co-workers with such things hardware requirements and the significance of the sizing questionairre.
We downloaded the whole thing to a CD Rom, which I walked over to a quick print place and got the whole thing into a binder ... if I remember correctly, the damages were $ 40.00 and the quick print place giving me a hard time about copyright.

Are you the same Tyco conglomerate that used to be AMP?
If so, you are a major vendor for us, in which our staff in constant touch with each other from a supply chain perspective. We manufacture wiring harnesses in which many of the connectors come from Tyco (nee AMP).
-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/

Hi,

I used to work for a company that was using an old BPCS version, 4.3 to be
exact.  I recently changed jobs to another company that is planning on
migrating from SAP R/3 to BPCS (not sure if 6.x or 8.x).  As of today, I
haven't been able to find a version history document pointing out the main
changes from one version to the other.  Obviously, I would like to know the
major version changes from 4.3 to the latest version that has been released.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

David A. Giovannetti-Torres

Business Analyst II
Tyco Healthcare/U.S. Surgical