YEs this is what exactly would happen..

Larry Elison of Oracle was quoted saying that " The Market is too small to
have such large number of Players..So wait for more acquisitions in the
year 2005/2006".

What will happen to all the existing customers? is a big question...

Rohit Ahuja
Key Management Group, Inc.
125 Baylis Road, Suite 260,
Melville, NY 11747
Ph: 631-777-2424 ext 228
fax: 631-777-2626
Cell: 631-988-0110
www.kmgus.com
www.kmgin.com

Alister Wm Macintyre <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+rohit.ahuja=kmgus.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/03/2005 11:27 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"BPCS_L discussion" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] SSA-GT Financial Health

I saw something in the news that might interest folks on this discussion
group.

BPCS is owned by SSA-GT and in the consolidating of the ERP vendor market,

I think they will go from # 4 place to # 3 when Oracle swallows up People
Soft & JD Edwards, I think the other front runner being SAP.  The thing to

watch is what happens to the swallowed ERPs, like could BPCS be lost if GT

was aquired by Oracle or Microsoft or?

For anyone who has an interest in BPCS sticking around for the long haul,
you might want to check out SSA-GT
>announced financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2005
last
>week,

For them to be done with a quarter of 2005 they must be on quite a
different fiscal year than I am accustomed to.

>For the three months ending October 31, SSA's
>    * total revenue increased by 18 percent, to $166.5 million.
>    * Software license revenue grew by 37 percent, to $41.4 million;
>    * support revenue increased by 11 percent, to $85.4 million;
>    * and revenue from services and other areas increased by 14 percent,
> to $39.7 million.
>Much of SSA's revenue increase is a reflection of several acquisitions
the
>company has completed since the start of its 2003 fiscal year, including
>Baan, EXE Technologies, Arzoon, and Marcam.

SSA-GT
>also experiencing organic growth, and among the product lines it owned as

>of July 31, 2003, its software license revenue grew 21 percent. The
>company remains profitable, as net income for the quarter grew 22
percent,
>to $6.6 million, a reflection of its ability to manage expenses, which
>grew by only 11 percent, to $95.8 million, for the quarter. "This
>quarter's results demonstrate the continued success of our business
>strategy--acquire market share and grow customer share--and customer
>commitment to SSA Global," said Mike Greenough, chairman, president, and
>CEO of the Chicago software company.

http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh010305-story05.html ... second major story
here.

-