See if you can find the manual on your UPS.
There should be a way to do some testing to check its condition.
The AS/400 should not go down all of a sudden.
If you not resolved why it recently happened, then it could happen again real soon.

We had that happen a while back, and turns out the battery on the UPS had gone dead (they do not live forever) and the UPS company was amazed our battery had lasted as long as it did. I can also tell you war stories about UPSs unrelated to BPCS.

If you have been able to do a backup/400 to a conclusion, then you do not have the problem we had when our AS/400 went down all of a sudden, of having corrupted BPCS files ... corrupted in IBM terms ... OS/400 at end of backup has message if the whole save/restore was successful, or if there was a problem. Check that out. Do not assume your backups working right.

Instead of WRKACTJOB you should use WRKSBSJOB QINTER and perhaps a few other Q's
reason being, WRKACTJOB only shows the signed on jobs CURRENTLY ACTIVE
while WRKSBSJOB by sub system also shows the jobs in DSC or other condition, which I believe count against the BPCS concurrent user count, but are not active.

Depending on what all got corrupted, BPCS could be kicking other people (then the 10 active) off of BPCS but still counting them in the 50 total.

Also WRKSBSJOB QINTER or QBATCH or Q this or that not show all the background OS/400 stuff that is going on ... a much more readable picture of our users activity, and less performance drain on the 400.

See if you can find the paperwork when you were issued your BPCS 50 user license.
There is probably a process you can go through with that paperwork to re-enter that story.

If not, you will have to check with SSA, because this is an area customers not supposed to be able to mess with.

Many BPCS programs have stuff "in use" until the program ends, so if it ends abnormally, this is never undone. We have this kind of thing a lot on V405CD with flakey PCs and flakey connections, so we written a few programs to reset stuff that is "in use."

When you get all of this resolved, you might review if you are comfortable with your OS/400 version.
I suspect IBM support somewhat lacking or extra costly when abnormal situation like this, when on an old OS version..

, you wrote:
Daer All,
We are using BPCS V 8.1, Mixed Mode on AS/400 (V4 R5
M0)

Our company has a concurrent user license of 50 users.
Few days back, system was running on peak, and all of
sudden there was power break down and our As400 went
down.

After the recovery, we are facing some abnormal
behavior from BPCS funcationality. Like Accounts
payable payment shows, "Company is in use", many of
the Customer receivable record shows "in use Status".
We have recoverd such problem by clearing data areas
and other status field.

But most critical problem is that, after 10 users are
logged on the system, System gives message "BPCS
license Limit Exceeded", whereas our license is of 50
users and wrkactjob shows only 10 users are logged in.

Any idea, what file or data area needs to be looked at, to resolve this problem. Any createive or technical opinion is requested.... regards Jim