On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:14:35 -0500, Alister Wm Macintyre
<macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of my interests is
>     * How could this have happened?
>     * What do we need to do to stop it from happening again?
> I was looking at INV900 source code and the documentation in SSARUN03, and
> I wondered about the possibility that I had keyed a wrong date on the
> prompt screen.

I cannot see another way this could have happened.

> Now seems to me that these end fiscal programs do not use the date they are
> run to calculate where to cut-off their respective data, but the date keyed
> into their respective prompt screens.
 . . . .
> All it checks is if the user accidentally left the cut-off date blank/zero.

Correct.  You are given plenty of rope to hang yourself.

There are plenty of mods to reduce the risk in this instance.
Probably the easiest is to mod the programs to default to the current
date.  Then you just have to press enter when you submit them.

> Can someone point me to what ZPA record, and what is its layout, that
> contains whatever date was last used by INV900?

On MY system -  (4.0.03, custom Y2K) - there is a ZPA record called
LASTCLOS that looks like this -- 040731031231 -- I think it is last
month close followed by last year close.

FNDSTRPDM for LASTCLOS yielded 23 hits over BPCSS/QRPGSRC, including
ACP500, BIL540, INV510, INV900, INV910, ORD571, PUR550 -- INV900
updates it.

--> Look at this record and see what you keyed in.

How have you decided to fix it?

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx