We are also 405 CD with shop order calendar variations, but so far we only have one company.
For example different factories have different holiday schedules, and we do physical inventory at one factory, while the other is going full blast.

Big question ... are you doing stuff by facility (as we do) or is everything all one facility for you?

Have you looked at the BPCS documentation?
I think the work center data is only for the Capacity Planning, not the MRP.

Hello!
We work with BPCS V 4.05 CD. Actually we manage 2 companies and many
Work Centers for each company. Some of our Work Centers are going to be
under construction in December, so in the Shop Calendar we have December
as S (Shut Down) for no production.

 The problem is that MRP500 and MRP600 are taking the General Calendar
for all products and it programs production for these centers while they
are not working.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Maria del Carmen