Eduardo ... We use QMS and JIT in 4.05, nonCD, and it works very well.  I
am far from an expert in QMS, except to know that there is an awful lot of
set up involved.  The one thing I didn't see you mention was loading a
default manufacturer for a manufactured item (it's stored in the IIM file,
but I don't know if you load it through item master maintenance, or
through QMS).  I don't know if that's required, but I do know that all of
our manufactured items have one!  (We have multiple facilities, so created
a manufacturer Q01, for facility 01, Q02, for facility 02, etc.  Not sure
what happens if you manufacture the same item at multiple locations ...
that doesn't normally happen for us.)

We're actually trying to solve a related problem right now, where we have
some facilities that don't want to use QMS, but, since the QMS flag is
turned on, it's forcing them to load the specs, even though they don't use
them.  Haven't quite found the right work around for that.

Lisa Abney
IT Development Manager
Sensient Flavors
Indianapolis, IN

"Lopez, Eduardo   (Tijuana)" <lopeze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/16/2004 08:18 PM
Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP System"