Chick,

Give me a call and I will discuss how we are handling our outside
operations. I understand how time consuming outside ops can be and I
utilize a program we currently own for data collections to do the process.
I fill one screen with the data, and create all the additional shop
orders, PO's, invoice entry screens. It was a think outside the box
moment. I also direct the accounts the charges need to go to and close up
some of the orders. I don't know how long it takes to enter in all the
information for your ops, but ours take about 20-30 seconds to do now
compared to the 10 to 20 minutes previously.

sk@xxxxxxxxx

Call me and I will discuss how I use this same program to close shop
orders. I print a barcoded shop order tag, use it during the production
run, then I use the same tag to close it. I scan the tag in the close
program I created and don't worry about it again. Its an extremely fast
process.

We are running BPCS 6.1.02

Chris Pepin
Manufacturing Business Analyst
Robbins Inc.
(906)-486-4455
(543)-871-8988 ext 5008

"Chick Doe" <Cdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/19/2004 09:07 PM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Shop order close

i have a related question. version 6.1.1. i want to manually close shop
orders but continually get a message stating that the shop order cannot
be closed (outside operation not complete or fully costed). i understand
the outside operation not being complete and i think i understand why
bpcs will not let you close a shop order if an OP PO associated with
that order is not fully costed (it has to do with updating actual cost
fields for the work order in CST900 at month end.)

we have lots of OP operations such as plating, passivating, etc. so it
is very common for a work order to have OP operations.

suppose i cut a work order for 100 pieces, due to set-up scrap, etc, i
might get 98 finished on the work order. since there is a balance
remaining open i have to use the F21 function to close the work order.
but the invoicing for the OP operation can take a couple of weeks to get
entered. thus when i want to close the work order i can't due to it
being uncosted.

how do others handle this situation?

>>> jsk@xxxxxxxxx 05/19/04 09:02AM >>>
Hi all BPCS-people

I have looked down the archive-liste for a functionality to simulate a

"manually close shop order" (Option 21 in SFC500)

Looking at the program, trace job, SSA/OGS etc. - I have found these
information:

        1. FSO Header
a) SID field goes to 'SZ' from 'SO'
b) SSTA field goes to 'X' from '5' or '4'
c) SOSTS field goes to 'XX' from '05' or '04'
                d) Last chance fields are update as well, but it has no

functionality.

                2. FOD Operation Detail
a) ODID field goes to 'OZ' from 'OD'
b) ODSTS field "REMAINS" set at '05' or '04'

                3. FMA Material Detail
             a) MID field goes to 'MZ' from 'MA'
             b) MASTS field "REMAINS" set at '05' or '04'

        4. IWI filen ??

        5. ECH file ??

        6. IIM file ??
               a) Something is happing here - it updates something -
according to the job trace.

                7. ILN file ??

Theres 7 files are been updated directly in the program (are open as
UPDATE in the program).
The program calls SYS954B as well - to do "something" with CIC (the
costing file)

Programs being used: SFC500D1, SFC500D2 and SYS954B.

So - all this - is to much to simulate......
I think a direct batch-call to SFC500D2 (with option 21) will be the
best,
but I don't have the parameter setup. Can anyone help me out or - come

with a better solution ?
(We need to do it through SFC500, somehow)

Jan
at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.