From: Alister Wm Macintyre [mailto:macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 2:38 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: SYS020B - Calculate available Inventory Qty's

We're 405 CD MM

As a general rule none of the programs starting with digit 0 as in 001-099
and especially dangerous are the SYS ones should be run without thorough
research as to their function.

Some of them are designed to zero out master BPCS files and reset values
like in a conversion.

I hope that you are using a test environment when you run any SYA001-SYS099
to see what they do.

There are some that are not intended to be run stand-alone.
In other words, some other program internally has a CALL to get some info.
For example someone is on INV300 or some other inquiry program. They set
their filters - they interested in the whole item corporate, or
just within a facility, or just within a warehouse, and BPCS calculates for
them what the on-hand is.
Well perhaps the routine, subroutine, or CALLed program depends on whether
the data needs to come from file IIM ILN ILI IWI or whatever and such a
called program would normally be run when the CALLER program
already knows what to tell it, based on what the user fed into the inquiry
probram.