     First:  Thorough response to Mike's INV310 Query question
Second:  Data clarity headaches in Query400 reports
                caused by vanilla BPCS problems

~~~ First Topic ~~~~~
    Mike -- for the cycle count worksheet by warehouse, the
    sequence number comes from the Item Master field ITSEQ and is
    stored in the Location Inventory (ILI) file in the LTSEQ field. If the
    LTSEQ already has a sequence number it means it is already open
    for a cycle count and the item will therefore print on an error report.

    For the cycle count worksheet by item, if the warehouse
    being processed is a managed warehouse, the sequence number
    will come from the Pallet Inventory (IPI) file field PISEQ.

    Take care on the column heading that appears for the PISEQ
    field. Vanilla BPCS produces the column heading that appears
    on the left below; the correct column heading is on the right.

                 Next                            Palt          (pallet)
                  Pay                             Loc      (location)
                 Line                             Seq     (sequence)

~~~ Second Topic ~~~~
    PISEQ is one of many thousands of column headings that are
    incorrect in vanilla BPCS v6/v8. Furthermore, about 25% of the
    field edit codes and edit words are wrong. The consequences? Unless
    you instruct Query400 how to overcome these errors every time you
    design a report, BPCS data will be misrepresented on reports.

    Here's a Bells & Whistles® for BPCS product designed to
    clarify the presentation of BPCS data:  Decipher (tm)
        http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/decipher/source/1.html

    Clearly presented data is appluaded by Sarbanes-Oxley auditors.
    If your company is looking for other clever SOX compliance
    ideas, check our  "Stocking Stuffers for SOX" page:
        http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/SOXstuffers/source/1.html

Warm regards and God bless,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International