We have had this happen intermittently.
it can be a royal pain to deal with.
We are BPCS 405 CD

Break the problem into pieces.
* How do you clean up the current mess?
* What are all the different ways this can happen?
* Do what differently to lower risk of it happening again?
It is simper to delete the whole mess and enter what needs to be done manually, than try to reconstruct from the data that is there. I recognize that if you are a company on the public stock exchange that this approach may not be valid under Sarbanes Oxley. We have had some cases where it was not one Journal messed up, but hundreds, so I gave the CFO a mini-class in how to work DFU, and created some extra logicals so that he could navigate BPCS files in need of repair by alternate paths. I have also done a quickie program that played games with the Journal labeling so as to move excess into a different family.

The two main ways I know that this sort of thing can happen
* Too many posts in fiscal time period ... need to either increase granularity or decrease rate of posting
* Too many cooks concurrent operations and/or folks whose BPCS/400 education is somewhat lacking ... for example, someone posts something to JOBQ and it sits there a while, because JOBQ is real busy ... the user make some totally erroneous assumption about what is going on, starts same identical job on-line, then JOBQ one starts, and the two iterations of the same job going at same time. The basic solution to this is that after everyone who does transactions that affect GL has left for the evening, I run INV920 and GLD540 one time, and leave error list for assistant CFO to deal with the next day.

, you wrote:
Hi! I'm running V4.05CD and I've got a subsystem post problem. It seems
that two of our A/P batches have partially posted. We're not sure what
might have caused this problem other than the A/P person entering
invoices while the subsystem post program was run. So now I have GL #
AP2159 in the GL and I have unposted transactions in error status in the
subsystem post program saying that the Journal header already exists.

Have any of you experienced this?

What do you think is the best solution?

Thank You,

Paul