From: THarteau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:THarteau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 2:53 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: Order changes

Hi,
      I am on V6.02. We have a program that prints any new orders taken out
the previous day and also any changes made to existing orders. It is a
batch program that compares entry date and last maintained date to a record
in a work file. If it is different, there has been a change (in item
number, quantity, price, salesperson or customer). The programs were
written when we first got BPCS many, many years ago. It was maintained to
keep working, but has some serious holes.  I need to rewrite it without the
holes.  Some of the problems are: the work file is keyed by order #, line #
(the item number can and does change), but we have had users resequence the
order, We have had lines deleted, and L01 was used, so it was never
reduced, and several unexplained things where it just did not update
correctly.
      Does anyone have any ideas on how to track the changes? I'm not
looking for any product to purchase, it is home grown and needs to stay
that way. I am just starting to look at different ways to do it, and
thought I would see if anyone else is already doing something similar.

Terri Harteau
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
- Dr. Who