For what little it is worth.  We are on 405 CD.
We have significant modifications in the handling of most all kinds of orders.

We RARELY do anything with our customer forecasts in the MRP system & we have never used the Forecasting module.
We are not yet using the formal repetitive order application, but we do have a lot of repetitive orders.

Our MRP System Parameters (SYS800-08)

Drop FPO - no
Demand Code 1 before and after time fence for repetitive or other
20 periods time fence for repetitive, 366 for others ... our periods are 7 day weeks
1 period horizon for both kinds
Ignore horizon for phantoms - yes
Pro rate forecasts - no

We run MRP500 600 full regen every week nite individually on each of our facilities.
We use a planning date of Monday of the current week (advanced Fri nites)
We release shop orders every which way (I have witnessed four different ways in common use)
Questions have come up on the list before - why do we do this or that
I no longer remember, I guess intertia.

Hi All,

Just curious if any of you have the system parameter "Prorate Forecasts?"
set to Y.  We did a long time ago (in Oct. 1996, set it from Y to N  I think
mostly due to confusion -- caused w/ the sales staff).  Anyways I have a
request to turn this flag back on.  Also, we use demand code 1 "Greater of
Forecasts and Customer Orders".  Any comments appreciated.  Thanks in
advance :-).

Oh yeah, we are on 4.05 CD.

DeeDee Virgei
Project Leader