The notion that you have no problems with your labor processing ... I wish I could live in such a world. It would simplify things no end.

Did you have any scrap?
Can you have two or more orders open on same item at same time?
What we have found is that if quantity mfg + quantity scrapped exceeds quantity to be mfg on some item, BPCS ASSUMES that we posted some labor ticket to the wrong order and it hunts around for some other order to post it to, and usually screws it up.

I suggest you check the DATES and TIMES of labor posting (show up in ITH which you can match with FLT on labor ticket # if you using JIT600 input)
If operations 100 200 300 say
and labor for operation 100 not posted timely manner, but operation 200 reported for some quantity, BPCS ASSUMES that operation 100 MUST have been made, so it invents a posting to operation 100 to record that quantity, without all the details associated with our correct reporting,
then later the labor ticket is posted (it was delayed because handwriting needed deciphering) and you have some inaccuracy in operation 100 because of BPCS assumptions.
Bottom Line - if later operation posted before earlier operation, you can have accuracy problems.

I suggest you look at CST270, which we modified to eliminate massive categories of garbage, then later changed our corporate rules so that one of the categories (operation 999 for outside operations) no longer was garbage in CST270 terms, but we not yet back modified that.

Does JIT620 SFC620 ever hang up and have to be taken to a conclusion, and are you happy with the recovery options, practices? We have query list FLT member WORK to locate batches not yet taken to conclusion properly.

Check FRT routings if routed correctly for the actual reporting.
Compare FOD to see if shop order maintenance has gone on.
Check that the reporting is consistent with how the part is routed.
There are a BUNCH of different rates that might apply to any given labor posting.
I have a hard time figuring out sometimes which is the right one.
It can be price of clock number person or machine, and we use teams of persons.
It can be something in work center master.

Did you know that CST900 gets the cost of component materials from CMF AT THE TIME that the shop order posting a closed item is actually processed by CST900?
What this means is ... let's suppose your item #s for children of a parent part consist of parent item number dash something else, and let's suppose you release shop orders in item # sequence.
This means shop order # for parent comes before shop order # for children of that parent.
If you close purge them all together, this means CST900 processes parent before children of that parent. This means cost for parent is based on PREVIOUS time you made the children.
Depending on how you do cost averaging, and depending on lumpiness of shop floor performance, this can put a lot of inaccuracies into your production costs.

Hi,
      I am trying to do some reconciliation of shop orders and I have found
something disturbing on some shop orders. If I take all labor in FLT that
is for the shop order/operation and extend by the rate, I come up with
$116.82. When I look at FOD for the operation, it only has $98.9422.  It
doesn't appear to be a record or combination of records that is missing. In
one case, there was only two labor records, and neither is the difference
amount.
       Has anyone run across this before? Any ideas on what might be wrong?
As far as I know, there has been no problems with our labor processing.
Thanks for any ideas.

<===================================================>

Terri Harteau
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
- Dr. Who

-
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/