Hello all,
I am working on a project that requires smgs to be processed from a
Linux server. When the project started I thought the win32 code was on
the smg CD, however after actually looking at it I see that all SSA
provides is the header files. The rest of the project is being developed
in java, and would be nice if there was no c code involved, but that may
not be doable. Any way I have several questions. First if I called SSA
and asked for the source code (smgemi.c), or at very least Linux shared
objects for all the win32 dlls would I get very far?? Ideally SSA would
have a java jar file that contained classes that had all the
functionality that the win32 checkemi.h file has. With java I can call
AS/400 CL apps remotely from the Linux servers, is this a better way to
go about it? I guess I could write a c or java app on the 400 and call
it from the Linux server, but my boss is afraid that this may bog down
the AS/400 (we will be processing several thousand smg a day). He wants
as much processing as possible to be done externally. The last project I
did used smgs as well, but they are all being processed from an NT
server so I did not run into this problem. Has any one done any smg
processing from platforms other than OS/400 or win32?

Thanks -Jeremiah