Sounds like you have system and customer options set for no credit check or
check credit limit at order entry only. You may want to change those options
to check at pick release only or both order entry and pick release. Are you
certain about which customer number? If there are multiple customers in your
hierarchy schema, I believe it uses the "A/R" customer number from the order
header.
Regards, Larry